Hillingdon Street Angels
Various churches in Uxbridge have worked in partnership to set up HIllingdon Street Angels. Primarily, the role of Hillingdon Street Angels is to care for, listen to and help people who are out late in the centre of the Uxbridge. Teams of 3-5 Street Angels are currently out on Friday and Saturday evenings in the centre of Uxbrodge bewteen 10pm and 4am
Because People Matter.
Hillingdon Street Angels exists because people matter and deserve care and love in their time of need. The needs of people out late may be as a result of all kinds of different factors, such as homelessness, intoxication, drug abuse, assault or any other issue which has caused personal distress. Street Angels are non-judgemental, helping people whoever they are and whatever their situation, for example by listening, caring, offering practical help or by referring people to other specialist agencies who can help them.
Hillingdon Street Angels operates with support from the Metropolitan Police and the London Borough of Hillingdon (LBH)
There are several ways in which you can be actively involved with Hillingdon Street Angels.:
- Consider applying to become a Street Angel or encouraging others to do so.
- Consider supporting Hillingdon Street Angels financially. We estimate that the costs are:
- £150 to get each street angel started (including training, uniform etc)
- £50 per year to keep each Street Angel on the streets. Could you consider sponsoring a Street Angel or making a donation?
- Make a commitment to pray for the work of Hillingdon Street Angels and become a prayer partner.